SIMPLE meaning that is easy to understand, do or use; not difficult or complicated. One which is without decoration or unnecessary extra things; plain and basic.
Simple things are easy to follow, aren’t they?
Simplicity reduces stress.
Have we all forgotten these basic rules to make life and Diet simple?
Why do we have the notion that only fancy labels, exotic fruits or vegetables can make our journey towards a healthy lifestyle fruitful??
We think in similar lines for our life too. Because life and Diet go Hand in Hand.
When our life is sorted and simple we attain pleasures in small things and are satisfied with simple food too.
But when we are stressed or unhappy with our surroundings or not sorted within, we stress eat and try to attain happiness by binge eating which can be defined as an addiction.
In actuality we are educated fools who while knowing all the repercussions of binge eating yet try to fill the void with food.
Is this rat race to prove your worthwhile?? Or do you want to stand on the pinnacle of our career to look down on others??Glee over your achievement.
Where is the human Race heading?
During B.C.( just to update B.C. is now before covid) I think we all were on the Acme of extremes in each and every sphere of life.
There was unnecessary running, over talking, bizarre Noise, Rush Rush everywhere, confusion, frills, stress, clustering, over pomp and show.
But don’t you feel this pandemic is Nature’s way of saying “INHALE SABR EXHALE SUKHR”.
Sit back, keep calm and Relax. Perceive the treasures of this miraculous mother earth. It is actually magical. Much mightier than us all. This pandemic made it clear that “Nature is the Boss.”
Like the way we wear different attire Mother Earth blossoms with different seasons. It is symbolic that life is inevitable. Nothing lasts forever. Change is the thumb rule. But each phase has its own story and glory which teaches us something.
What is Season?
A season is a period of the year that is distinguished by special climate conditions. The four seasons—spring, summer, fall, and winter—follow one another regularly. Each has its own light, temperature, and weather patterns that repeat yearly.
In India we have 6 seasons.
- Spring (Vasant Ritu) …
- Summer (Grishma Ritu) …
- Monsoon (Varsha Ritu) …
- Autumn (Sharad Ritu) …
- Pre-winter (Hemant Ritu) …
- Winter (Shishir or Shita Ritu)
Season tells us to move with the flow. Our choices of food and fruits should be according to the current season. Remember whatever is grown on soil in that particular season is good for our gut too.
REMEMBER FOOD IS NOT RATIONAL.
FOOD IS CULTURE, HABIT, CRAVING AND IDENTITY.
I am starting with Monsoon because we are sailing in the end of this phase
Varsha Ritu/Monsoon/Rainy season
(June to September)
This season is dominated by the humid southwest summer monsoon which slowly sweeps across the country beginning in late may to early june.
SEASONAL FRUITS :
Monsoon is the time when many infectious diseases run rampant. Indigestions and allergies are most common. Because of fluctuation in temperature and humidity .So nature has power packed fruits with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to improve and boost our immune system.
1. LYCHEE(Litchi chinensis) : China is largest producer of it. India ranks second in world and In India it is grown in Bihar, Tripura, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana. Bihar is the largest producer of litchi.
BENEFITS: These fitness conscious genre thinks litchi is fattening, Jago ghrahak jago.
- Litchi is Rich in vitamin C:one of the most abundant vitamins in lychee is vitamin C. It is antiviral.
- It is a Good source of antioxidants: It contains higher levels of polyphenols. It improves heart health and reduces risk of cancer and diabetes.
- Litchi fruit have high vitamin E, which helps to heal sunburn that causes pain and irritation and also keep the skin healthy and glowing.
2.MANGOES(Mangifera indica) : India is the world’s largest producer in the world. Uttar pradesh ranks first in mango production.
BENEFITS: See the blog which is already posted on the website. Link below
3.PLUMS (Prunus subg.): China is the largest producer of it. Followed by Romania, Serbia, USA. In India plums are grown in hilly area of Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- Plums are good for Heart: Phytochemicals and nutrients lower the inflammation that triggers heart disease.
- Plums reduce blood sugar: Plums are chock full of fiber which slows down blood sugar spike after you eat carbohydrates.
- Plums help in Gut cleansing: Plums are high in fiber and have a lot of sorbitol, sugar alcohol that acts as a natural Laxative.
4.POMEGRANATE(Punica granatum): Iran is the world’s largest producer. In India it is grown in Maharashtra followed by Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu.
- Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants: It has three times more antioxidants than Green Tea and wine. It protects cell from damage, prevent diseases such as cancer and reduce inflammation and in anti ageing.
- Pomegranate is good for heart Health: It lowers blood pressure and reduce low density lipoprotein cholesterol.
- It is blood thinner.
- Pomegranate prevents arthritis: It can reduce the damage of the cartilage by fighting the enzyme that does so.
And the list of seasonal fruits and vegetables goes on.
Now we Bhadralok should think and link the festivals of monsoon with the offering of fruits and various local and age old preparations with it.
Festivals of Varsha Ritu
Smell of mud after freshly kissed rain is mesmerising. Every cell comes alive. This season is full of life and energy. Following are the seasons:
- RATH YATRA
- BAKR ID
- SAGA DAWA(SIKKIM)
- SINDHU DARSHAN(LADAKH)
- SAO JOAO(GOA)
- GANGA DUSSEHRA
- RAKSHA BANDHAN
- GANESH CHATURTHI
This season is characteristic of the Indian culture of celebration. It promotes us to move forward towards a lush green life by leaving the arid desert of problems behind.